Sunday, April 28, 2013

What did I get? What did I get?

Usually when I get a present I can't wait to open it. I just can't let it sit there.

What you saw in the previous post were the major parts. Stuff you can't really put in a box. But the car has many other parts that fit perfectly fine in a box. So here's the rest of the parts


That's almost all 17 boxes there. I have a few more coming from another source in mail.

I would not lie. I was not as excited as a kid on Christmas to jump into opening them. The sheer number of large boxes deterred me. However, Factory Five asks their customers to perform inventory of the entire contents of the purchase in the first 45 days since the receiving. The paper work package from Factory Five contains a comprehensive packing list. Every nut and bolt is on that list and must be checked off. It all is a lot of tedious work. On the other hand, there's the excitement of opening the boxes and finding some of those "cool" parts. Check this out


That's the fuel filling door. This thing is enormous and makes a loud rattling metal noise when it swings open.

Here are some more funky parts:


The steering wheel is a skinny wooden piece. Feels kind of strange holding it after the normal thicker modern steering wheels. But it looks fantastic. The adjustable upper control arms will be hell to tune in for the wheel alignment people. If one one arm is turned then all of the characteristics are changing simultaneously.


Some nice bling for the cockpit. And noise canceling technology which renders stereo useless (as well as every other sound outside)


Hmm... that muffler is a bit too skinny. I wonder if it's effective. Let's see if this test adds clarity


Let's peek from the big open end


Results: well... the back pressure should be low. There's still a doubt if it makes exhaust any quieter. In fact, I ordered and a set of catalytic converters as an attempt to make the care quieter and a bit greener too.

By now I actually went through all the boxes and checked things over. I am missing a set of seat tracks for sure but I am not sure about the aluminum panels. I can't really match them all to their description. Some of them are labeled but not all. I am planing to try to put them against the car and see what they are. There could be a legend in the manual too. I gotta read that thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment