Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Getting to it, sort of

Well we have the idea, let's get to it. Based on the info I gathered around Factory Five website, Western Canada Cobras and various forums, I was not crazy. It is actually possible to import the car kit into Canada. Build it at home and then register with Ontario. After putting all the rules and regulations readings behind me I was set to find the source of power to propel this project forward: a Ford V8. This task should be easy and straight forward to some but not me. Remember I drive a Subaru, DIS, EFI, DOHC are all very dear to me. Now, if you don't know any of those things you are probably not following me. On the other hand, if you are familiar with them you are definitively not clear. So I'll leave it open for now. The choices are 302 small block, 4.6 modular or Ford Racing gems in crates. Well after some excessive drooling and cost calculation, I've decided that 4.6 modular is the motor for me. I do like my electronic toys (that's all those acronyms) and Anna is not giving up on stressing that the power is not nearly as important as fuel efficiency. 4.6L motor is all of that and is probably less rusty since it comes from more modern Mustangs. Once the prey was identified it was just a mater of a couple of clicks and I was striking a deal on a 2002 Mustang GT. The deal went sour in the end. I was devastated. I came to a sad realization that I don't have a garage to build the car in. I called all of my friends and relatives but nobody would surrender their garage to my Mustang with a minor accident damage. Worry not, I have my second half to support me in exactly such tough times. She, having extensive education, has applied her analytically thinking and spotted the problem: no garage. In the next few weeks we bought this
There was a house in front of this and that meant we had to sell our condo and move. It was the necessary evil. I could not proceed without the garage. With the garage, I need be constantly reminded that the house is my first priority. None the less, I was happier than any kid on Christmas once everything was said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment