Monday, March 12, 2012

Let's start

Just a short intro. Lets skim over the boring stuff.

  • I like cars
  • I like working with my hands
  • I like WRC (it's a motor sport :))
  • I drive a Subaru. 
The story:
 Once up on a time i met a girl. Her name is Anna. She did not drive. After many years of constant encouragement from me, she still does not drive. At one time I even promised to give her a MINI cooper if she gets the license. No luck. The shocking answer i got "I don't like that car". What girl does not like MINIs? Since I obviously could not pick a car for her I asked what she would like. Here's the answer: "something pretty". I wasn't getting very far with that driver license issue so i gave up. This resurfaced later when i was admiring this car


It's the legendary Caterham 7 from http://www.caterham.co.uk. Unexpectedly, Anna shared my passion by proposing to build a kit car. Yes, IT WAS HER IDEA. There was a small speed bump however. She graphically described her passionate repulsion to the car above. And you would have to take my word here, it was graphic, descriptive and very detail oriented monolog diminishing every aspect of that car. So what do i do? Standard move: throw my arms up and "Oh yeah, you pick then".  Here's the list http://www.kitcarlist.com/. A couple of days later she comes back with this
Now the interesting bit, she went as far as "I'd drive that". There we go! We finally found the car that she is willing to drive. At least, that's what i keep telling myself. Another one of those is that I will build these for a sole intention of her driving it. The source of the chosen kit is http://www.factoryfive.com.Now we have an idea to turn into reality. The project Cobra was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment