Saturday, August 3, 2013

Taking it apart

The next step is to actually take some parts off. The car comes with the a large quantity of aluminium panels attached to the chassis with temporary screws. The idea is to cut down on packaging, help the consumer to know where panels should go and ensure that the panels actually fit. I took some pictures for my reference. They should come in handy later on during assembly.



This kind of gives you an idea of what it looks like. The task at hand is to take it apart. This time I needed help from my wife. The panels had to be properly labeled. After all, I do have to put them back together again. My hand writing would only add to the challenge. Look above, there are neat and descriptive labels. A big thanks goes out to her for her efforts. Notice there are even small labels on the overlaps. Those indicate which panel overlaps which.

Well the rest was easy: take all the screws out and things would fall apart. The garage doors were closed so my wife could not run away easily. So she agreed to put in some elbow grease.


The dis-assembly took us only few minutes. All the panels were off and are on the shelf and the bare bones of Cobra were exposed:


Strangely, it is only at the time of writing I realized how many parts are missing from the car and how much is to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment